For Masala Powder:
- 1 tsp coconut oil (I prefer to use coconut oil to enhance the taste instead of Sesame oil or til oil)
- 1 tsp coriander seeds
- 2 tsp urad dal
- 2 tsp chana dal
- ½ tsp pepper
- ¼ tsp methi / fenugreek seeds
- 4 dried kashmiri red chilli
- 1 tbsp sesame / til
Roast all the ingredients and dry grind
- 2 tbsp coconut oil
- 1 tsp rai
- ½ tsp urad dal
- ½ tsp chana dal
- 1 dried kashmiri red chilli, broken
- Few curry leaves
- Pinch of hing
- ½ cup tamarind extract
- 1 tsp jeera
- ¼ tsp turmeric
- 1 tsp salt
- 3 cups Sugar Watchers cooked rice
- 2 tbsp peanuts roasted and coarsely powdered
- Coriander leaves for garnish
- In a large pan, heat coconut oil.
- Season with rai, jeera, Udad dal, chana dal, red chillies, aesafotida powder and curry leaves.
- Now add masala powder, salt and tamrind extract.
- Mix and bring to boil until tamarind juice starts leaving oil.
- Then add cooked rice and peanut powder and mix well until the gravy coats the rice well.
- Garnish with chopped coriander leaves.
- Tamarind Rice is ready to serve.