Diabetic Friendly Rice Kheer
Credits - @a9creativecooking
- 1/2 cup Sugar Watchers low GI rice
- 1 litre Milk
- 1/2 cup Erythritol
- 2 Bay Leaves
- 2 Green Cardamoms, Split
- 12 Cashew Nuts, broken into half
- 1/3 cup Raisins, almonds, pistachio ( cut into pieces)
- 2 teaspoon Ghee
- First, shallow-fry all the dry fruits in ghee separately, till light brown. Remove and keep them aside.
- In a pan pour the milk, bay leaves and green cardamoms. Bring the milk to a boil, stirring from time to time.
- Add the drained rice, Add the fried dry fruits . Cook for 1 hour on low flame, stirring occasionally.
- After 1 hour, the rice will get nicely cooked in milk. Switch off the gas and wait for 5 min. Then add the erythritol. Mix well. (Adding the erythritol to hot milk is not preferred, since it may lead to curdling of the milk.)
- Serve cold.