Sugar Watchers Low GI Poha is -
- Diabetic Friendly
- 100% Natural
- Clinically tested
- Non-GMO white poha
- Can be consumed by the full family
- Good for the general health
- Helps in Weight management
- Tastes exactly like your regular white poha
- Not only healthier and lower in GI than Brown poha, but also tastes better
Sugar Watchers Low GI Poha
1. Rinse 1.5 cups of Sugar Watchers Low GI Poha n water until they soften. Use a strainer or colander to rinse these light rice flakes.
2. Remember not too rinse them too much or else they will break and become mushy. During rinsing, they will absorb water and soften.
3. The poha flakes ideally should soften but remain in shape and intact. If they do not become soft, sprinkle some splashes of water on them so that they absorb some extra water.
4. Drain all of the water. The pohe should lose their crunchiness, crispiness and when you break them between your fingers, they should easily get crushed or mashed. Set aside
5. Now add 1 teaspoon sugar (or as required), salt as per taste, and ¼ teaspoon turmeric powder to the pohe and gently mix with a spoon or with clean hands.
6. Dry roast 2 to 2.5 tablespoons peanuts in a heavy pan until they become crunchy.
7. Heat 2 tablespoons of oil in the same pan. Crackle the mustard seeds first. Use peanut oil or sunflower oil or any neutral flavored oil.
8. Then add ½ cup finely chopped onions. Sauté them until they become translucent and soften.
9. Add 10 to 12 curry leaves and 1 teaspoon chopped green chilies. Sauté for some seconds.
10. Add the roasted peanuts and stir.
11. Add poha and mix gently
12. Cover and steam for about 2 minutes on a low heat.
13. Switch off the heat and let poha remain covered for 1 to 2 minutes.
14. Remove the lid and sprinkle 1 teaspoon lemon juice, 2 to 3 tablespoons chopped coriander leaves and 2 to 3 tablespoons grated coconut.
15. Mix gently and serve